- 8 oz self rising flour plus 4 additional tablespoons of self rising flour( I used unbleached lilly white)
- 8 oz sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter 1/2 stick butter softened.
- 4 oz mascarpone cheese
- 11 oz mashed bananas ( I used 4 medium)
- 3.4 oz to 4 oz diced apple. Peeled, cored and diced up. I used 1 small Fuji apple
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 4 oz buttermilk
Preheat oven to 350 F. Place the rack in the middle of the oven. Apply some baking flour spray to the loaf pan and sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar. Set aside
1. In one bowl weigh the flour and sugar.
2. In a seperate bowl beat the mascarpone cheese alone for 2 mins till smooth. Add butter and buttermilk.
Beat together for 4 mins till it’s a nice creamy mixture.
3. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
4. Add bananas and apples and gently incorporate.
5.Gently mix in the flour mixture. If batter looks lumpy it’s fine. Don’t over mix.
5.Gently pour mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake at 350 F for 60 mins till cake insert comes out clean . If a few crumbs are stuck to it, it’s fine.