- 1 (16.25 ounce) Duncan Hines Devil’s food cake mix
- 1 tablespoon of your finest unsweetened coco( I used Ghirardelli)
- 1 8 oz pack cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso granules dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water (see note below) Please cool before your put it into the cake
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons of all purpose flour (1.7 oz)
- 1 cup of mini semi sweet chocolate chips or you can use regular size semi sweet chocolate chips.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 10 cup Bundt cake pan with Pam baking spray and add 1 tablespoon coco powder to the pan
Before you start get the coffee ready as your want it cool down when you add it to the cake batter. You want it to be lukewarm not hot.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar till the cream cheese is nice and fluffy. About 2 mins.
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat for about 1 minutes on medium speed until well combined.
- Continue beating for 2 mins at medium speed till the batter is nice and smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and blend into the batter gently.
- Pour into prepared bundt cake pan.
You can either pour the batter into mini greased cupcake pans or a 10 inch bundt cake pan. I usually grease the pan with some Pam baking spray and then add a tablespoon of coco powder to the cake pan as it makes the cake look nice and pretty once it’s done.
Bundt Cake Directions: Pour the batter into a well-greased bundt cake pan. Bake at 350°F for approximately 40 to 50 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a cake insert comes out clean. I always check at around 40 mins to see if the cake is done. It all depends on oven temp. If the top is getting too brown simply cover foil and continue to cook till the cake is done. If baking in min cupcake pan cooking time is reduced to around 15-20 mins.