So many people talk about using applesauce in a cake that I decide to give it a go. I admit, I had a huge container of apple sauce that I had bought from Costco. Using apple sauce not only creates a healthier low-fat cake, but it makes it super moist. I decide to bite the bullet and try it. Needless to say, this cake was a success. It felt like you were eating a brownie. Yes, this is not a typo. It is fudge chocolate without the guilt!
- 1 15. 25 oz Betty Crocker milk chocolate cake mix
- 4 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened baking coco powder
- plus one extra tablespoon to coat pan
- 4 eggs beaten
- 4 teaspoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extra
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Light grease a 10 cup Bundt cake pan with Pam baking spray.
- Add one teaspoon of coco powder to coat pan.
- Add all the above ingredient together in a bowl
- Mix well for 1 min. Stop and scrape down the bowl.
- Continue to blend on Medium speed for 3 more minutes till well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan and bake at 350 for 45-60 mins till cake insert comes out clean. If a few crumbs are sticking to the cake insert that is still fine.
- If the top of the cake is getting too brown and the cake is not done, simply cover with tinfoil and continue to bake.