- 2 cups macaroni
- 2 cups of chicken broth or water
- 1 tablespoon of Butter( so that pasta does not stick)
- 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste
- a dash or 2 of nutmeg (it give the dish that extra yummy taste)
- 1/2 cup of cream and 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- or if you don’t have cream just 1 cup milk
- 2 cups of shredded cheese( I like to use cheddar and mozzarella together to make 2 cups in total.
- 1 Tablespoon of Parmesan
- 6 oz of smoked ham optional
- The Nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons of cheddar cheese when the rice cooker is done
Add the pasta, butter, broth and salt into the rice cooker. Stir and press the start button
Give it a stir and put the timer for 10-12 mins. After about 10 mins look into the rice cooker and stir the pasta so that it does not stick. Check to see if water is boiling
Once it starts to boil:
Add the cream, ham if using , the 3 cheese and nutmeg. Give it a good stir and let it go for 12 mins or less
I usually have a look at it again after 10 mins to see how it’s all coming along
I have an Zojirushi rice cooker so it all depends on how fast each one heats up. So make sure to keep an eye on it after 12 mins. Once the liquid is absorbed its done.
Once it’s done simply add the remaining 2 Tablespoons of cheese to the pasta and keep it on warm for another 5 mins. Turn rice cooker off and let it rest.