With this recipe you will need to scale to measure out the flour, sugar and yogurt to get an accurate measurement.
- 16 oz all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz ( 1 stick ) butter, melted
- 8 oz sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz ounces Low Fat Wallaby Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Grease one 9×5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk well together and set aside.
- Melt the butter in microwave safe bowl. Once butter has cooled down add the sugar and eggs mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla and almond extract and blend. Add the vanilla yogurt and combine well.
- Make a well in the middle the flour mixture and slowly mix in the butter and yogurt mixture.
- Do not over mix. Incorporate the mixtures together till combined . It will still be little lumpy. That is ok.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40-60 minutes until the edges begin to brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. If the top of the cake is getting too brown, cover with foil, rotate the pan and continue to cook till loaf is done.
Cool in the loaf pan for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.