I starting reading the Ratio Book by Michael Ruhlman and start to weigh all my ingredients to create a balanced cake. So do this recipe you need a scale to weigh the flour and sugar. It will not really work in a measuring cup .
I wanted to use up my 3 lonely bananas the other day. What better way then doing a banana bread. It took under 10 mins to combine and mix all the ingredients. You can’t complain! It’s easy, yummy and fit for a hero!
- 16 oz all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 oz (1 stick) butter, melted
- 8 oz cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3- 4 medium very ripe bananas mashed up by hand
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9- x 5‐inch loaf pan with cooking flour spray.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar around the pan( optional. I like it as it adds a little sweetness to the loaf)
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. Let cook while you mix the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, sugar and bananas to butter and mix and combine.
- Make a well in the flour bowl and gently mix in the banana mixture. Do not over mix. Having lumps is fine.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of brown sugar over the batter.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until nicely browned. A toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Check on the bread after about 40 mins. If it is getting too brown, cover with foil and rotate the pan till the cake is done.